Now more than ever it depends on us to change things, for them.
STEP BY STEP TO A HEALTHIER WORLD
There are everyday more people conscious about the need to change our life, the food we eat and the cosmetics we use. In reality, it's not about what politicians want, it is about what citizens ask for, when the demand for natural, healthy and safe products will be higher than the demand for toxic ones, the offer will have to adapt to the demand.
We have to understand that our health is the result of the kind of life we lead. It is true there are plenty of things we cannot change, but many others depend exclusively on our decisions, and this is exactly where we can do a lot more than we think by choosing what we eat and what cosmetics we use.
NATURE IS IN
Organic and natural products are currently (and finally) trendy. But, do you think it is some passing fad or is it here to stay? Truth is we are sure there are a lot of us crossing fingers while wishing it stays for a long time. Why? Because using natural and organic cosmetics we not only gain a better quality of life, but also our precious Earth stops from being as damaged. What could be hurt by nature? Nothing. Specially when apart from natural and organic, it is also vegan, like Liluk's products. There is no need to be vegan to agree in the fact that it is absolutely not necessary to use anything coming from animals to formulate high quality cosmetics. We can obtain effective, safe and healthy cosmetics using only plants and ingredients 100% respectful to the environment and animals.
ORGANIC AND NATURAL COSMETICS BENEFITS
We have to take into account that we use cosmetics everyday since the first days of our lives, which should make us wonder: Are we really conscious that everything we put on our skin is absorbed? Do we really want to put on our skin potentially toxic ingredients? We are sure no one does. Because one thing is to do it every once in a while, and a totally different one is cosmetics we buy to use every single day. We need to wake up and be way more conscious about what products are the most convenient for us. If we do not take care of ourselves and our loved one, who will do it? And how can we take care of our babies in such a crazy world? Without any kind of doubt, with natural and certified cosmetics.
Here you have a list of some of the benefits and pros from using natural cosmetics:
- Environmentally respectful.
- For all skin types, if it is perfect for the most sensitive skin, how could it not be good for the rest of the skin types?
- Regenerates, takes care and protects the skin.
- Softer effect and less aggressive than conventional cosmetics.
- It does not have secondary effect and minimizes possible allergies.
NOT RECOMMENDED INGREDIENTES
The fact that a product says it has "Aloe Vera" or "Calendula" in it, does not mean it is toxic-free. So that a product can be considered natural, it doesn't have to include any of the following ingredients in its INCI:
2Bromo2Nitropropane1,3 Diol. • Boric acid. • Acrylamides. • Mineral oils and petroleum products (ceresin, ozokerite, paraffin, mineral oils, microcrystalline wax, ceresin, petrolatum, acrylates ...). • Aluminum Chlorohydrex and Aluminum Chlorohydrex PG. • Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate. • Aluminum Zirconium Trichlorohydrex GLY. • Amines MEA, DEA, TEA, or other ammonia-based ingredients. • ALS, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. • Butylhydroxyanisole and Butylhydroxytoluene (BHA and BHT). • Benzene and its derivatives (except benzyl alcohol). • Sodium borate. • Canfor. • Cetrimonium. • Chlorphenesin. • Aluminum Hydrochloride. • Aluminum chloride. • Benzalkonium Chloride. • Cetylpyridionium chloride. • Halogenated Organic Compounds. • EDTA (Ethylene Diamine Tetraacetic Acid), chelating agents and their salts, or phosphonated or phosphate-based ingredients. • Selenium disulfide. • Ethoxylates of any kind. • Phthalates (not denatured alcohol with phthalates). • Phenoxyethanol. • Chemical solar filters of any type, including benzophenones in nail polish. • Fluorine. • Aluminum Fluoride. • Galaxolide and synthetic musk. • Hexane and its derivatives. • Hydroquinone. • Chlorinated and halogenated ingredients. • Radiated ingredients. • Sodium Iodate. • Isethionates (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and others) • Isothiazolinones of any kind. • Formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers (quaterniums, Aldioxa, Allantoin, MDA hydantoin, DMDM Hydantoin, Resorcinol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea ..). • Microplastics. • Nanoparticles. • Genetically modified organisms. • Retinol Palmitate. • Parabens. • Pegylated (PEG, PPG). • Products based on chlorine or chlorinated derivatives. • Calcium salicylate. • Silicones, dimethicones and siloxanes. • SLES Ethoxylated Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and other ethoxylated sulfates. • SLS, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate • Thimerosal. • Toluene (and methylbenzene). • Triclocarban. • Triclosan. • Xylene.
INGREDIENTS WITH BAD REPUTATION BUT MANY TIMES NECESSARY
At this point, we think it is important to specify the use of certain alcohols in natural and organic cosmetics, which are completely accepted by the certifiers. We will talk about three types of alcohol, their origin and use, so that you realize that when it says: Alcohol-free, it does not necessarily have to be good, not bad either obviously, as long as they do not substitute the alcohol for something worse and most certainly not accepted by the certifiers:
Origin: It comes from the fermentation of wine or corn cane crops, sugar, yeasts, etc.
Use: It is generally used for its volatile, antiseptic, astringent and antibacterial properties. Most of the time, when we see it in the last position of the ingredient list, it means that it has not been added to the formula but is part of the plant extracts of the other ingredients.
INCI: Benzyl Alcohol
Origin: Benzyl alcohol is a mild cosmetic preservative widely used in water-based cosmetic products. It comes from the fermentation of sugary plant solutions.
Use: It is used to prevent the growth and reproduction of microorganisms, thus protecting cosmetics from deterioration and preserving the properties of the active ingredients that make up the formula. They have emulsifying, film-forming, humectant, moisturizing, emollient and softening properties.
INCI: Cetearyl Alcohol
Origin: It comes from vegetable raw materials and is obtained from the mixture of fatty alcohols that occur naturally both in plants and in their fruits.
Use: In formulations it is used as an emulsifier and thickener, used to create creams and creamy textures in certified natural cosmetics.
QUALITY IN COSMETICS
When we look for a quality and safe cosmetic product, several things must be taken into account. I leave you with a list of characteristics to take into account if you are demanding clients and are really looking for the best:
- Purity of the formula: natural ingredients is not enough, the more ingredients of organic origin and the higher they are in the list of ingredients (INCI), the better and higher real quality of the product.
- Number of natural actives, in other words special ingredients that provide benefits to the skin. A product can be 100% natural but without special ingredients.
- Natural and allergen-free perfume: Because perhaps the product is sold as natural, and it may have a high% of natural ingredients, but on the other side the perfume is synthetic and many times it may contain allergens.
- Make sure they have been dermatologically and clinically tested.
- In the case of looking for cosmetics for the hygiene of a baby or young child, always look for products suitable for atopic skin, whether or not they have atopic skin, absolutely all babies have sensitive skin, so we make sure that we are not using anything aggressive on their delicate skin.
- Comfortable containers that facilitate the use of the cosmetic. Also check that the product is not in contact with the outside or that if it is, it should be for the shortest possible time. If the formula is aerated, it loses its properties faster.
- Recyclable containers and if they have to be made of plastic, as for example in the case of babies since for the moment, it is the best option, that they are made of PET or HDPE plastic, which are the two types of most recyclable plastics.
- If the container comes in a box, we should be able to reuse it.
I GO GREEN!
In case you are still doubting whether go green or not, we totally recommend it to you, both when we it comes to food and cosmetics. It is a lifestyle that will only bring benefits to you, to your loved ones and also the world around you :)